Paris-born, Lisbon-based artist Joana Vasconcelos.
Joana Vasconcelos was born in Paris in 1971. Lives and works in Lisbon.
Marilyn takes the form of an elegant pair of high-heeled sandals, whose enlarged scale results from the use of saucepans and their respective lids. Positioned almost symmetrically, the pair refers to Marilyn Monroe’s absent figure. The unlikely yet assertive association between the saucepans and high-heeled sandals, two paradigmatic symbols of Woman’s private and public dimensions, proposes a revision of the Feminine in the light of the practices of the contemporary world. The recourse to saucepans, sign to which one would associate the traditional domestic sphere of Woman, in order to reproduce an enormous high-heeled sandal, symbol of beauty and elegance demanded by social conventions, contradicts the impossibility of the dichotomic relation of the Feminine in the domestic and social spheres. The Gulliver effect and the monumentality of the represented object thus emerge as panegyric of the feminine duality, insinuating the full realization of individuality through the subversion of the social norm.
Crafted from dead animals, Iris Schieferstein’s outlandish designs fetch up to £3,900 and have proved a hit with extreme dressers such as Lady Gaga.
Some of the most controversial pieces include a pair of sandals sporting stuffed doves with their wings spread wide and a collection of heels fashioned from hollow horse hooves.
Sculptor and artist Iris Schieferstein has been using dead animals for her works, here she models a hat made from a dead bird
If you’re looking for some footwear in time for Halloween, then these might be just the thing.
Apex predators are predators with no predators of their own, residing at the top of their food chain.
Materials: Savile Row Oxford Shoes, Size UK15, 1050 teeth dentures.Apex predators are predators with no predators of their own, residing at the top of their food chain.
Italian architect Gaetano Pesce has designed this pair of shoes made of plastic discs for Brazilian brand Melissa. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
MELISSA is known for developing amazing collaborations, the most recent collaboration is with Italian architect and designer Gaetano Pesce.
The MELISSA + Gaetano shoe is the most revolutionary shoe done by MELISSA. The ankle boot is comprised entirely of interconnected circles, customers will be able to create seven different styles from this one shoe, by cutting the edges to create each new style. To visualize this concept think of the shoe as an origami, it can be combined in a variety of ways to make intricate designs. The shoes be available in six different colors; black, red, off-white, transparent, blue and translucent orange.
- The Town of Setenil de las Bodegas in Spain, where around 3,000 inhabitants living under a rock
- A mixture of water and surface Portraits Titled Limbo by Rodrigo Dada
- New Geometric Perspective Mural by Felice Varini in Paris
- Barbie Dreamhouse ,10,000 square foot pink paradise of plastic,opened in Sunrise Florida in the Sawgrass Mills Mall
- 35th annual St. Stupid’s Day Parade held in San Francisco
- Amelia’s World and Animal Affinity -Tiny Girl Who Loves Animals,Photos Captured by Her father Robin Schwartz « Amazing World Pictures on A Tiny Girl Tippi Degre, the real life Mowgli
- Walk Between The Raindrops At MoMA Indoor Rain Room Installation in New York « Amazing World Pictures on ‘Rain Room’ Installation to let visitors experience realistic wet weather… in LONDON
- Giant News-stand Made From Recycled Denim Sculptures by Ian Berry aka Denimu « Amazing World Pictures on Art From Old Pairs Of Denim Jeans by Ian Berry
- Li Wei back With New Photography illusion « Amazing World Pictures on Photoshop Look Floating camera illusions by Li Wei
- Porfirio on ZIGZAGGING Site specific installation with Luca Missoni, Milan Design Week 2013
- Current News
- Food Art
- Photoshop,Graphic Design
- Street Art