Book Sculptures by Bronia Sawyer
work of UK-based Bronia Sawyer who colors, folds, and rolls the pages of books to create these bird and flower-like plumes of color.
She says book art is "like an abstract form of writing, using images, colours, and shapes in the way a writer uses words, or a musician uses notes, chords, and volume to do a similar thing."
Hong Kong – LeBasse Projects and Hong Kong TImes Square are proud to announce a new exhibition by artist Mike Stilkey in Hong Kong opening this July.
In his first international solo exhibition, Stilkey will be creating his largest body of work to go along with a 24 foot tall installation and several other installation works. The exhibition will be held in the central courtyard of the famous Hong Kong Times Square. Partnering with Times Square – Stilkey and LeBasse Projects will be creating a two story installation which will be viewable from all nine floors of the building and be open to nearly 200,000 daily visitors during the exhibition.
Los Angeles native Mike Stilkey has always been attracted to painting and drawing not only on vintage paper, record covers and book pages, but on the books themselves. Using a mix of ink, colored pencil, paint and lacquer, Stilkey depicts a melancholic and at times a whimsical cast of characters inhabiting ambiguous spaces and narratives of fantasy and fairy tales. A lingering sense of loss and longing hints at emotional depth and draws the viewer into their introspective thrall with a mixture of capricious poetry, wit, and mystery. His work is reminiscent of Weimar-era German expressionism and his style has been described by some as capturing features of artists ranging from Edward Gorey to Egon Schiele.
His work has been exhibited throughout the United States as well as internationally, at galleries and museums such as the Bristol City Museum in the UK, LeBasse Projects in Culver City, CA, Kinsey/DesForges Gallery in Culver City, CA, David B. Smith Gallery in Denver, CO, Gilman Contemporary Gallery, Ketchum, ID, and Rice University Gallery, Houston, TX.
Su Blackwell is an artist and art director
Brian Dettmer: Book Sculptures and Paper Art
- The Black Arch Installation in Saudi Arabia by Shadia and Raja Alem
- Surrealism Manipulated Photography by Jerry Uelsmann
- Illusory Laser Light Sculptures Installation by Jayson Haebich
- Blue parrotfish named Gavin photobombing with tourists
- Heart Beaconby Interactive Installation by Joe O’Connell and Blessing Hancock
- Patricia Piccinini Skywhale hot-air balloon -commission for The Centenary of Canberra « Amazing World Pictures on Hyperrealist Unbelievable Sculptor by Patricia Piccinini wow
- Mysterious Photo of High school Girls-Japanese Schoolgirl « Amazing World Pictures on Hundreds of Japanese schoolboys Harry Potter fans jumping at the chance to show off their Quidditch skills
- Japanese Youth Eating-Giants Meme-another clever viral photo trend in Japan « Amazing World Pictures on Japanese Schoolgirls New Trend Perform Superhuman Energy Attacks
- Amelia’s World and Animal Affinity -Tiny Girl Who Loves Animals,Photos Captured by Her father Robin Schwartz « Amazing World Pictures on A Tiny Girl Tippi Degre, the real life Mowgli
- Walk Between The Raindrops At MoMA Indoor Rain Room Installation in New York « Amazing World Pictures on ‘Rain Room’ Installation to let visitors experience realistic wet weather… in LONDON
- Current News
- Food Art
- Photoshop,Graphic Design
- Street Art