More than 100 take part in European Beard and Moustache Championships.Event held in Wittersdorf, near Mulhouse, eastern France
After a summer in which the Olympics, the Paralympics and the Euro 2012 football tournament have caught the public’s attention, they might seem a modest affair.But for more than 100 men who gathered in eastern France this weekend, the European Beard and Moustache Championships were as eagerly anticipated as a major sporting event.Competitors from across the continent converged on Wittersdorf, near Mulhouse, to take part in the contest.
And, on this evidence, the judges must have had a difficult job deciding whose facial hair was most impressive.
Some wore extraordinary costumes to match their extraordinary hair, with several candidates sporting hats to complete their unusual look.At least one man came dressed as a sailor, and many others turned up in military uniform.
But if some of the entrants wore similar outfits, the facial hairstyles on display varied widely.
While a few entrants decided to wear their beards big and bushy, others came to the show with curious curly moustaches.Several participants received a helping hand from supporters as they sought to create a winning look.Elmar Weisser, a 48-year-old German competitor, enlisted the assistance of his wife as he prepared to take to the stage.
Leave a comment
- SKMU presents Dots Obsession – Love Transformed into Dots, a large-scale multi-media installation by Yayoi Kusama
- Utah Bit and Mine interactive light sculptures installation by Joe O’Connell and Blessing Hancock
- Brilliance -Three-dimensional lantern-like forms Led Light Installation by Joe O’Connell and Blessing Hancock
- English Language & Literature-World’s best Universities-2013
- Beautiful constructions made with thousands of cans
- Patricia Piccinini Skywhale hot-air balloon -commission for The Centenary of Canberra « Amazing World Pictures on Hyperrealist Unbelievable Sculptor by Patricia Piccinini wow
- Mysterious Photo of High school Girls-Japanese Schoolgirl « Amazing World Pictures on Hundreds of Japanese schoolboys Harry Potter fans jumping at the chance to show off their Quidditch skills
- Japanese Youth Eating-Giants Meme-another clever viral photo trend in Japan « Amazing World Pictures on Japanese Schoolgirls New Trend Perform Superhuman Energy Attacks
- Amelia’s World and Animal Affinity -Tiny Girl Who Loves Animals,Photos Captured by Her father Robin Schwartz « Amazing World Pictures on A Tiny Girl Tippi Degre, the real life Mowgli
- Walk Between The Raindrops At MoMA Indoor Rain Room Installation in New York « Amazing World Pictures on ‘Rain Room’ Installation to let visitors experience realistic wet weather… in LONDON
- Current News
- Food Art
- Photoshop,Graphic Design
- Street Art